Friday, December 17, 2010

Candy Land

On Friday I stayed home because Emily was sick. She came home from school after throwing up. So I sent her to bed and I went back to bed myself since I had been up with Jack two nights ago because he had the same thing and had never really recovered from the lack of sleep. Well, when I woke up I went upstairs to find sheets draped over the doorway to my dining room with a note that said “Under Construction”.
They did this while Emily was home sick and mom was taking a nap
Construction...in my HOUSE?!
What on earth was going on? I knew Emily was still sleeping and no one else was home. So, of course I peeked behind the curtain. Oh my goodness was I surprised at what I saw! I wanted to  wake Emily up right away, but figured as a good mom, I probably should let her sleep since she wasn’t feeling very good.
So, a few hours later Emily finally emerged from her room, groggy, but a bit more rested. I jumped up from the couch and told her to come here immediately and see what the Elves had done (because who else could be responsible for something like this?) I dragged her into the kitchen to see the curtains, and when she peeked behind them there was a gasp- just like I had done. I couldn’t wait for the others to get home so they could see what the Elves had done! Thankfully we didn’t have to wait too much longer. Both Sam and Ana had the same reaction as I did. And when I picked Jack up and told him that the Elves had a surprise waiting for him I don’t think he anticipated this!

So, what was it? Well, the Elves had left us a note that said:
Their note: When Elves get the stomach flu, the best thing for them is lots of Candy. What better place to visit when you're sick than CandyLand!
When Elves get the stomach flu, the best thing for them is lots of Candy. What better place to visit when 'you’re sick than…CandyLand?

The Elves had turned our dining room into a life size version of the board game CandyLand! Our table was turned into the board complete with Lollipop Lane, Peppermint Forest, Gumdrop Pass, Molasses Swamp and Santa’s Toy Shop as the end. There were giant “hershey kisses” hanging from our ceiling fan and all over the room, there were peppermints strung up like garland, they had decorated our tree with candy ornaments and there was candy EVERYWHERE!

Wrote on our door with snow
The elves wrote on our window with SNOW!


More candy land treats
Candy was left everywhere!


Sucker trees!!
They replaced our plants with sucker trees!
Gumdrop snowflakes
The Elves made gumdrop snowflakes



013
They turned our table into a life size board game!

Lollipop Lane
Lollopop Lane

The peppermint forest
Peppermint Forest

018
Santa's Toy Shop

022
The kids loved it!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment