Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Alabaster's Report

Shhh.... don't tell! I copied Alabaster's report here so I could share it with all of you. There was a warning on the inside that said FOR SANTA'S EYES ONLY so, if the Elves find out we read their TOP SECRET report, I'm positive we'll end up on the Naughty List.

Offical 2010 Elf Report - The Olson Household

**WARNING** For SANTA'S Eyes Only!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Today we left the North Pole to travel to a far away land called Minnesota. We woke up early and headed to the train station to catch the Polar Express. We almost didn’t make it- Jangle lost his ticket and the conductor didn’t believe him when he said he was on his way to a family as a Visiting Elf. The conductor had to call the Workshop and speak to the Head Mistress of the Visiting Elves, Mrs. Glitz. Reluctantly she told him that Jangle was indeed a Visiting Elf and would be once again going to visit a family. (She didn’t think it was a good idea since he didn’t pass his tests, but Santa wanted to give him one more chance.)
 Once we got on the train and ordered our meal (hot chocolate and candy canes for me and peppermint tea and candied oranges for Jangle), I decided to use the time to catch up on some of my work that I would be missing while we were in Minnesota. As the Administrator of the Naughty and Nice list I work very closely with Mrs. Glitz to ensure proper placement of Visiting Elves throughout the world. Visitor Elves are very important since Santa cannot keep an eye on every child while he is busy making preparations for Christmas. I was able to match several new families with Visiting Elves this year! We have a new batch of baby Elves that are almost ready to be placed with a family, but I’m not sure if I’m comfortable placing them alone. I think I will have to wait until next year when a more seasoned Elf can accompany them to make sure they don’t get into too much trouble.
 The train ride was long and they ran out of candy canes about half way through. I had to settle for sugar cubes instead for my afternoon snack. I told the Conductor we should just stop when we got to the Peppermint Forest and pick up a few crates of them, but he was on a tight schedule and didn’t want to delay the train by even a minute. Once we get to Minnesota we will have to find our way to the Olson household. Good thing Santa finally invested in a good GPS system for us Elves, otherwise we would spend all of our time trying to find this family. Do you know how many Olson’s there are in Minnesota???

No comments:

Post a Comment