Monday, December 10, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Yes, we live in Minnesota. Yes, it usually snows in the winter. Yes, we should be prepared for it. Yes, I know I should be used to it. Yes, I know the weatherman predicted snow. But...really??? Almost 15 inches in a day????

Ok, ok, to be fair- it was pretty, and it wasn't all that cold, and yes we did family pictures in the snow. The kids are loving it - finally something to play in! Last winter we couldn't even go sledding because we didn't have enough snow. But this year - well we got enough yesterday to last a while!

I see you, Nathan!
And apparently the elves are pretty excited about it too. But elves are used to the North Pole snow that isn't cold. They can't play in our snow for very long because they get cold. I guess after watching Frosty the Snowman  last night, Frosty decided to stop by for a visit - or at least that's what the elves said. I have a sneaky suspicion that Nathan was the one that wrote all over our window for some reason. I do believe he was blaming Frosty for HIS mischief!

And Alabaster and Jangle decided to set up their own version of a snowball fight. Jangle wasn't too happy though. He said Alabaster was cheating because he had a snowman on his team. I think Jangle was just a sore loser.

Jangle had even built a little fort out of a shoe box, and Alabaster was using our cookie jar lid as a shield.

Alabaster and the Snowman (and my doughnuts!)


Jangle's fort














Oh! AND they used my doughnuts that I was supposed to bring into work to make snowmen. Those elves are into absolutely everything!

They also said that Frosty left the kids a surprise and asked if they could find it. Now what kind of surprise could a snowman leave? And WHERE would he leave it?


Frosty's surprise...of course! In our freezer.








No comments:

Post a Comment