Saturday, December 8, 2012

Elf Sleepover

Sam had a friend sleepover (named Jack as well) and funny thing is, his friend has an elf visiting his house too! So Jack B. decided to bring his elf for the sleep over. Oh boy, let me tell you I knew our elves were going to love this. Another elf to get into mischeif with???

The boys all played outside in the teeny tiny bit of snow we had and tried to sled down our driveway and make snowballs. It was kind of pathetic actually. We had approximately 1 inch of snow that had melted in most places. But then they came in and played inside. The boys stayed up really late - which I'm thinking is now a good thing because it keeps the elves out of trouble!

Since Jack B. had to leave quite early in the morning, the boys set their alarm for crazy-early-o'clock, so they would have time to get up and play video games before he had to leave. So I got the joy of hearing them come up to my room to tell me the elves had left and gone back to Jack B.'s house. Whew! Was I glad. Now I could sleep a little more.

Unfortunately I think the boys misunderstood the note that was left. The Elves said they were so excited to have Jack B's elf - B.J.  over that they decided to take him on a tour of  our neighborhood to see all the Christmas lights, and then they headed over to see where Jack lived. Hmmm...how do elves get around, you ask? Well, let me tell you - they are NOT very good drivers!


They almost hit the basketball hoop!

Jack's parents were a little worried when they pulled into our driveway- they thought maybe we had been drinking or something, because our car was "parked" a bit strangely. But once I told them the elves were the ones who parked the car, they understood immediately. Unless you've had an elf visit your house, you don't really understand what trouble they can be!

Just look at how many of them it takes to drive! Alabaster was in charge of the pedals, and B.J., Nathan and Jangle were steering. I'm so glad I was not on the road last night - I think I may have had to pull over and check my eyesight if I saw three elves driving a big 'ol SUV.!
Maybe they stopped at McDonald's too! See that bag??

No comments:

Post a Comment