Monday, December 26, 2011

Mrs. Claus would be proud!

I received a call at work from Emily one day after school. She and Ana just wanted to check to see if I was in a good mood. Strange, don't you think? Apparently the Elves had left a bit of a mess and they know how I dislike having to clean up after the Elves. But they wouldn't tell me what it was. So I picked Jack up from school, and when I told him that the Elves made a mess at our house and we had to hurry home to see what it was, he did a fist pump and yelled "YES! I love when the Elves leave messes!"

When we got home, the girls greeted me at the door and wouldn't let me go in any further until they decided my mood was acceptable to deal with this situation. I walked into our kitchen and there were Laney, Alabaster, and Jangle making cookies! There were messes ALL over! One of them had spilled flour on the counter and had made a "Snow Angel"; the reindeer were hiding in the mixing bowl (I might too given the mess on the counters); Laney was mixing up a new batch of cookies, Jangle was rolling them out, and Alabaster was in charge of decorating them!

Laney and the reindeer making gingerbread cookies

Alabaster's Snow-Angel

Jangle got out ALL my cookie cutters!

A Elf-sized gingerbread cookie (Alabaster sized)


Alabaster was pretty good at decorating cookies

The whole MESS!
So, since there was already a mess in my kitchen, and about 8 more pouches of ready-to-mix cookie dough, we decided to do some holiday baking that night.

Ana rolling out more dough
Jack helping Laney

Ana decided to decorate the Elf cookie to look like Alabaster

Sam doesn't go far without his football

The icing was a bit runny

Do they look alike?


The Elves weren't the only goofy ones!

Our finished cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment